Facial fat transfer, also known as fat grafting, has become a very popular method of facial rejuvenation, restoring loss of volume with your own natural fat cells. The primary benefit of the procedure is that is uses your own fat, rich in adipose stem cells that aid in natural regeneration.
How long does fat grafting last?
While injectable dermal fillers are highly popular, provide a beautiful result, and take minutes to administer, they are reabsorbed by the body over time and must be reapplied. Facial fat transfers have the potential to produce long-lasting facial enhancements.
For superior results in natural fat grafting, fat harvesting demands a high degree of skill and biologic mastery. Our doctors lead the medical field with their state-of-the-art private plastic surgery center and are highly accredited for all the procedures they perform.
Facial rejuvenation with natural fat for long-lasting results
Some of the fat transferred will naturally be reabsorbed during the first two months after the procedure and a bit more within the first six months. However, the transferred fat is living tissue and the fat that flourishes after transfer will become an organic part of the area treated. A large part of the success of the outcome depends upon the experience, techniques, and advanced technology used in the procedure. Our double board-certified plastic surgeons are meticulous, dedicated, and experienced. They know how much fat to inject and the best practices foster maximum cell survival.
Am I a candidate for a facial fat transfer?
Because a facial fat transfer involves your own fat, the procedure is considered safe, with few side effects. When you come in for a consultation, we’ll review your medical history, give you a physical examination and go over how we can help you rejuvenate your face or body with natural fat. There are a few points to consider regarding eligibility.
- Are you currently going through a major weight reduction or increase? This fluctuation should be stabilized before the procedure is considered.
- You want to enhance a specific aspect of your face.
- You have an adequate amount of fat to harvest from another location of your body.
- You are in good general health, both mind and body. You do not currently have any medical issues that could prevent healing or fat relocation acceptance such as an autoimmune disease or a cardiovascular condition.
- You understand what a facial fat transfer can improve, and that absolute perfection is unattainable – but true enhancement is.
- You do not smoke or agree to quit before and after for several weeks.
- You are not pregnant or breastfeeding.