What is Ultherapy?
Our San Jose Ultherapy® treatment is a non-surgical procedure that lifts and tightens the skin of the neck, chin, jowls, decolletage, and brow line. The procedure uses ultrasound technology, which has been used safely in the medical field for more than 50 years, to heat the deep layers of the skin without applying heat to the skin’s surface. This means that no recovery time is needed after an Ultherapy treatment because it does not cut or disrupt the surface of the skin.
The ultrasound energy triggers a natural response under the skin, jumpstarting the natural regenerative process that produces fresh, new collagen and elastin, so the anti-aging effects continue for months. While Ultherapy won’t duplicate the results of a facelift, it’s a clinically proven non-invasive alternative for those not ready for surgery and can even be an option for patients who wish to extend the effects of cosmetic surgery.
If you only have excess fat under your chin, you may be able to get the results you want with Kybella®, which is an injection therapy specifically for improving a double chin. During your consultation, we can advise you which treatments can help you achieve your aesthetic goals. Of course, if you have significant sagging in the lower portion of the face, a surgical facelift and/or neck lift may be the best option for you.
I had my first Ultherapy treatment at Dr. Cheng’s office from their Ultherapist, Alex. I am almost 3.5 months out and looking forward to my follow up and photos. The treatment time for my neck, chin and cheeks was about an hour and a half. Alex did great and the discomfort was very manageable with their new gas system.
Your Ultherapy Procedure
- Non-Surgical: Ultherapy is a non-surgical procedure, so there’s no incisions, anesthesia, or use of other invasive methods. As such, Ultherapy improves sagging skin and appearance without the complications associated with surgical procedures.
- Customizable: Ultherapy is conducted under ultrasound guidance, allowing the cosmetic surgeon to visualize the lower layers of the skin. The doctor accurately and precisely targets the regions in need of cosmetic improvements, personalizing the treatment to your specific needs. No two Ultherapy procedures are the same.
- No Side-Effects: Surgical procedures always have a risk of side effects or complications related to the anesthesia or your body’s response to the surgery. However, Ultherapy doesn’t lead to any complications. At most, you may experience some mild tingling or tenderness in the treated regions.
- No Downtime: You can resume all your daily activities immediately after treatment. You may experience some mild discomfort or redness, but there’s no recovery period.
- Natural-Looking Results: The effects of the procedure gradually kick in over several weeks or months. As such, there’s no sudden transformation announcing that you’ve had cosmetic surgery. Instead, you gradually start looking and feeling a lot better.
- Longevity: Ultherapy triggers your body’s collagen-producing response deep within the skin, effectively halting the aging process. The effects of Ultherapy may last for up to two years.
What areas can you treat with Ultherapy?
Ultherapy is meant for lifting the skin in the following areas:
Your Ultherapy Procedure
While Ultherapy is not painful, the treatment can be uncomfortable. There are many ways to help you manage any discomfort you may experience. We can apply a topical anesthetic 60 minutes before your procedure, and you can take non-prescription pain medication one hour before we begin Ultherapy. The Ultherapy machine can be modulated to adapt the treatment to your specific tolerance levels.
Our Palo Alto Ultherapy treatment can take a half hour up to three hours depending on how many areas you wish to treat. Our board-certified facial plastic surgeons pass a handheld device over the areas to be tightened. They can see an image on a screen of the layers of tissue while you are treated, ensuring that your treatment is delivered to the most beneficial levels of the skin.
You will see results immediately, as the areas that were treated will be tighter. This will continue to improve further as your body produces more collagen.
After about six months, you will decide if you need a second treatment to achieve the results you want. Most patients return for Ultherapy once per year to maintain the tightened appearance.
We believe the best anti-aging regime addresses collagen remodeling at all levels of the skin. Whether it’s the deep, targeting energy delivery of Ultherapy, the bulk heating at the mid-depths of Thermage, and/or the surface refinement and collage stimulation of Fraxel or Microneedling. We can help you determine which combination treatment protocol would be right for you to help you look your best now and into the future.
Who is a suitable candidate for Ultherapy?
The ideal candidate for Ultherapy is someone with lax or loose skin wanting to restore their skin’s tightness and youthful vigor. You’re a suitable candidate if you have loose skin around your neck and chin, and if you have fine lines and wrinkles on your neck, chin, jowls, décolletage, and brow line. Ultherapy is generally used by those who are 30 and older, but it’s also suitable for people in their 20s who want to keep their skin tight and taut as they grow older. Ultherapy doesn’t provide the same results as a surgical facelift, but it’s ideal for those who want limited facial lifting without the mental, physical, or financial stress of undergoing a complete surgery.
What is the general cost of Ultherapy?
The cost of Ultherapy depends on several factors, including the areas being treated and the amount of treatment necessary. There’s no one-size approach for Ultherapy since it has to be customized to each individual’s specific needs. At Cheng Plastic Surgery & Medspa, our cosmetic surgeons consider your expectations and goals to curate the ideal Ultherapy treatment plan before discussing the cost of treatment.
Recovering from Ultherapy
Because Ultherapy does not damage the surface skin, no recovery time is required. You can go back to work or other activities immediately. While you may have some minor redness, bruising, and swelling for a day or two, you can cover it with makeup until it improves.
Why choose Cheng Plastic Surgery & Medspa for Ultherapy?
At Cheng Plastic Surgery, Ultherapy is administered by our double board-certified plastic surgeons at our medspa near San Jose and Palo Alto. Our plastic surgeons carefully evaluate your skin type and facial anatomy to personalize the treatment to your specific needs, ensuring you look several years younger. If you wish to find out more, contact us today and schedule a consultation for arguably the best treatment of Ultherapy San Jose has to offer.